Britain’s Got Talent star’s Caister stage show
BUDDING performers have got the chance to join a finalist in TV show Britain’s Got Talent on stage.
The Dragons Stage School, based at Caister and Belton, needs to double its numbers in preparation for a special show featuring Britain’s Got Talent contestant Hollie Steel, 12.
The soprano is the school’s patron and was one of 10 finalists of the 2009 talent show before losing out to Susan Boyle.
Since then, the Lancashire-born prodigy has sung in Hong Kong, Bali and at Carnegie Hall in New York alongside pianist Emily Bear.
The student at Sylvia Young School in London has released two albums and is currently third in the Classical-Crossover music charts.
The school’s show will be based on famous songs from the West End Musicals such as “Grease”, “Hairspray,” “Phantom” and “Joseph”.
The main Saturday stage school, having previously been at St. George’s Theatre, is currently based at Caister, with a second Friday class held at Belton.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
The school staged productions of Cinderella over Christmas and welcomes children aged between six and 16 who want to have a go at acting.
For more information, visit www.dragonsstageschool.com or call the school’s registration office on 07504 961216.