Chinese State Circus is welcomed to east coast
- Credit: Archant
From the Far East to the English East Coast, a world renowned circus troupe is coming to town.
The Hippodrome Great Yarmouth is set to host the Chinese State Circus as part of a major UK theatre tour on Friday, November 11 at 7.30pm and Saturday, November 12 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
Organisers say the Chinese State Circus is more than a show.
“Throughout its time this production has aimed to embody a rich tapestry of Chinese art, history and culture which can be dated back over 2000 years.
“This cultural legacy is permeated through the exhibition of our artistes’ incomparable and distinct acrobatic skills, which have been honed and perfected by their lifelong dedication to their countries artistic heritage.
“The resulting circus is a visceral spectacular which takes audiences on an exhilarating journey through Chinese culture.”
Chinese acrobatics is a common form of art among the people.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 8 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 9 Work under way on Yarmouth's new enterprise hub
- 10 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
It has a long history with a distinct national style, evolving from the Chinese people’s everyday life and work.
Historical records, ancient carvings and decorative patterns on utensils show the origin of Chinese acrobatics more than two thousand years ago in the period of the Warring States.
During the Quin and Han Dynasties (221BC – 220AD) acrobatic artistes developed a wide repertoire, and acrobatics was thus called “the show of a hundred tricks.”
It reached a high level as a performing art by the Han Dynasty.
This new tour comes 3 years after the last UK Chinese State Circus theatre tour ‘Ying Yang’ was met with critical acclaim at the Hippodrome on Friday November 11 at 7.30pm and Saturday 12th November at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.