Chorus ready for run of festive concerts
- Credit: Archant
Musical Director Matthew Hardy with The Chorus of St Cecilia are busy preparing for their festive concerts.
After their sell out show last year at St George’s Theatre, Great Yarmouth, they are very excited to be performing the concert for a three night run on Tuesday December 9 to Thursday December 11 at 7.30pm at St George’s Theatre.
The concerts will be conducted by musical director Matthew Hardy with Chris Whiting at the piano.
There will be popular and favourite Christmas music of John Rutter, Winter Wonderland, Jingle Bell Rock, O Come All Ye Faithful, Silent Night, The Snowman, White Christmas and many more. There will be a chance for the audience to join in with the performers as well.
The choir and junior choir will be joined by well known guest soloists Sam Street, Charlotte Bullen, and Suzanne Long.
The choir are very keen and excited to be performing in St George’s Theatre as it was such a successful event last year with some great feedback from the audience.
A spokesman said: “This promises to be a magical, choral Christmas delight and we are all hoping for great support again for this year’s concert.”
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 6 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 7 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 8 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 9 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 10 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
Tickets from St George’s Theatre box office, online at www.stgeorgestheatre.com or by calling 01493 331484.