College music students showcasing talent
- Credit: Archant
Music students from Great Yarmouth College will mark the completion of two years of hard work with a concert at the college on Tuesday, June 30.
The students will perform a wide range of music including their own compositions in many different styles. The event is an important concluding project for their two year BTEC Level 3 extended diploma music course before they move on to higher education and work.
The concert is free and open to all. and will feature a mixture of both solo and group performances. Six-piece rock group Papa Kiwi (which was formed during the course) and solo acoustic performer Joe Kirk, will be performing songs ranging from classic rock to jazz music.
It will feature original songs written by the students: Declan Fearon, Jack Allen, Benny Hunt, Joe Kirk, Alex Holmes and Amber Wingrove..
This annual college event, now in its sixth consecutive year, is planned, marketed, rehearsed and organised by the students themselves.
Joe Kirk said: “It’s surprising how much work goes into staging an event like this; it’s not just about the playing, but all the planning and preparation as well.”
The event runs from 7pm to 9pm, with special performances for local schoolchildren in the morning and afternoon.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 6 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
To book tickets contact college reception on 01493 655261.
For more information visit the GYC Music Community Facebook page.