College music students showcasing talent
- Credit: Archant
Music students from Great Yarmouth College will mark the completion of two years of hard work with a concert at the college on Tuesday, June 30.
The students will perform a wide range of music including their own compositions in many different styles. The event is an important concluding project for their two year BTEC Level 3 extended diploma music course before they move on to higher education and work.
The concert is free and open to all. and will feature a mixture of both solo and group performances. Six-piece rock group Papa Kiwi (which was formed during the course) and solo acoustic performer Joe Kirk, will be performing songs ranging from classic rock to jazz music.
It will feature original songs written by the students: Declan Fearon, Jack Allen, Benny Hunt, Joe Kirk, Alex Holmes and Amber Wingrove..
This annual college event, now in its sixth consecutive year, is planned, marketed, rehearsed and organised by the students themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Kirk said: “It’s surprising how much work goes into staging an event like this; it’s not just about the playing, but all the planning and preparation as well.”
The event runs from 7pm to 9pm, with special performances for local schoolchildren in the morning and afternoon.
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
To book tickets contact college reception on 01493 655261.
For more information visit the GYC Music Community Facebook page.