Crows fear for upcoming Martham festival
MYSTERIOUS figures will be popping up once again for Martham's scarecrow festival, which takes place on Sunday, May 2 and Monday, May 3. The event runs between 10am and 5pm, and the visiting fair will be held from Thursday, April 29 and Monday, May 3.
MYSTERIOUS figures will be popping up once again for Martham's scarecrow festival, which takes place on Sunday, May 2 and Monday, May 3.
The event runs between 10am and 5pm, and the visiting fair will be held from Thursday, April 29 and Monday, May 3.
Last year's scarecrow festival saw some grand entries going up in many interesting places around the village, and organisers are asking people to start designing scarecrows to place on their property or on the village green.
A new attraction for this year will be garage, garden and yard sales, which will allow people to sell unwanted items from the comfort of their own property.
Bookings are already coming in from people wanting charity and craft stalls over the weekend, and maps will be available to all visitors making it easy to visit all the scarecrows and sales.
During the two days it is also hoped that the church, chapels and village hall will be open and will offer different attractions, and once again a walking treasure hunt will take place.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Consultant maps his medical journey
Contact Julie Beales on 01493 748547 for scarecrow information, or Peter and Liz Carpenter on 01493 740086 for garage/garden sale information.
If you would like to book a charity or craft stall please contact Maggie Horrocks on 01493 740484.