Dancing on Ice winner takes lead role in Norwich panto
ACTRESS, singer and Dancing On Ice winner Hayley Tamaddon is taking the lead role in this year’s Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime Sleeping Beauty, which opened this week.
She joins an all-star cast which includes Hollyoaks’ heart-throb Kevin Sacre, Helen Fraser who is best known as Body Bag from TV’s Bad Girls, and Andre Vincent, the comedy partner of Marcus Brigstocke in the cult comedy Early Edition.
Hayley first shot to fame playing the role of feisty Northern lass Delilah Dingle on ITV1’s soap hit Emmerdale.
This then led to her to Dancing On Ice eventually winning the hit TV show capturing over 80pc of the viewers’ vote – and also starring in the touring spin-off.
Hayley is also a distinguished stage performer appearing in Spamalot, The Rocky Horror Show, Mamma Mia, Boogie Nights, Grease, Fame and A Chorus Line.
Starring opposite her in Sleeping Beauty is Kevin Sacre aka Hollyoaks’ Jake Dean who also numbers stage roles among the sum of his parts.
And a number of favourites return to the city stage including “Dame” Richard Gauntlett in his 11th show who will once again don a wide range of elaborate and spectacular dresses, and his popular comedy side-kick Andre Vincent.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 3 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 4 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 5 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 6 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 7 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 8 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 9 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 10 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount
Completing the cast are two other Norwich Theatre Royal panto favourites – distinguished TV, film and stage actor David Gant and the six-foot-plus comedy bundle of fun Tom Beard.
Jane Walsh, executive-producer of the production which is sponsored this year by Almary Green, said: “We are so excited to welcome Hayley Tamaddon to the city to play Sleeping Beauty for the very first time.
“Expect all the traditional panto magic, lots of family fun, a spectacular set from Scenic Projects…and plenty of surprises.”
Sleeping Beauty runs until January 15. Tickets �5-�19. Signed performances on Saturday January 14 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm Audio described performance on Saturday January 14 at 2.30pm.
Call the box office on 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk