Dancing on Ice winner takes lead role in Norwich panto
ACTRESS, singer and Dancing On Ice winner Hayley Tamaddon is taking the lead role in this year’s Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime Sleeping Beauty, which opened this week.
She joins an all-star cast which includes Hollyoaks’ heart-throb Kevin Sacre, Helen Fraser who is best known as Body Bag from TV’s Bad Girls, and Andre Vincent, the comedy partner of Marcus Brigstocke in the cult comedy Early Edition.
Hayley first shot to fame playing the role of feisty Northern lass Delilah Dingle on ITV1’s soap hit Emmerdale.
This then led to her to Dancing On Ice eventually winning the hit TV show capturing over 80pc of the viewers’ vote – and also starring in the touring spin-off.
Hayley is also a distinguished stage performer appearing in Spamalot, The Rocky Horror Show, Mamma Mia, Boogie Nights, Grease, Fame and A Chorus Line.
You may also want to watch:
Starring opposite her in Sleeping Beauty is Kevin Sacre aka Hollyoaks’ Jake Dean who also numbers stage roles among the sum of his parts.
And a number of favourites return to the city stage including “Dame” Richard Gauntlett in his 11th show who will once again don a wide range of elaborate and spectacular dresses, and his popular comedy side-kick Andre Vincent.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 3 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 9 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 10 Boy, aged one, who suffered severe burns now 'looking forward to Christmas'
Completing the cast are two other Norwich Theatre Royal panto favourites – distinguished TV, film and stage actor David Gant and the six-foot-plus comedy bundle of fun Tom Beard.
Jane Walsh, executive-producer of the production which is sponsored this year by Almary Green, said: “We are so excited to welcome Hayley Tamaddon to the city to play Sleeping Beauty for the very first time.
“Expect all the traditional panto magic, lots of family fun, a spectacular set from Scenic Projects…and plenty of surprises.”
Sleeping Beauty runs until January 15. Tickets �5-�19. Signed performances on Saturday January 14 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm Audio described performance on Saturday January 14 at 2.30pm.
Call the box office on 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk