Dates for music
FORMER Black Dog members Simon Bond and Lee Newbold have formed a new band called The Breeze and will be performing at Magdalen Arms, Gorleston on New Year's Eve.
FORMER Black Dog members Simon Bond and Lee Newbold have formed a new band called The Breeze and will be performing at Magdalen Arms, Gorleston on New Year's Eve. The four piece band plays an eclectic mix of cover music from Johnny Cash to the Sex Pistols.
THE Wild Ones, with their special brand of 60s R&B music, play the Seadell Bar, Hemsby, on New Year's Eve.
A NUMBER of turntable hits that were frequently played on the air but never charted in the 1960s will be included in this week's edition of Pirate Radio Skues with Horning-based presenter Keith Skues on BBC Eastern Counties radio stations including Norfolk on Sunday evening between 9pm-1am.
THE Green Monkey Experience is to hold a gig at the Old White Lion, King Street, Great Yarmouth tomorrow from 9pm.
THE New Orleans Jazz Festival to be held at the Seacroft holiday village, Hemsby for the new year celebration has totally sold out. A second New Orleans jazz weekend will be held at the centre from March 27-29, 2009. To book contact: 01493 733610.
ROCKERS Voodoo Hand will be playing at the Belle Vue, Gorleston on New Year's Eve. The gig starts at 9pm and goes on 'til late. For further information go to: www.voodoohand.co.uk.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
SOUL singer Billy Ocean is confirmed to appear at the Marina Theatre, Lowestoft on Saturday February 7. The 58 year old singer had a number of hits including Love really hurts without you, Love on delivery and When the going gets tough.
WE need to know where your gigs are for January. So please send your details as soon as possible to: Alan Thompson, The Guide, Great Yarmouth Mercury, 169 King Street, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR30 2PA or e-mail: Alan.Thompson2@archant.co.uk marking the subject box “gigs.”