David Essex is heading to Potters Resort for show
- Credit: Archant
Five-star Potters Resort at Hopton has announced that David Essex is headlining a One Night Break at the Resort on Sunday, July 15.
The 1970s heartthrob has enjoyed success as a singer, songwriter, producer, director, author and actor in film, TV and theatre, filling stadiums and packing out theatres.
He has written, recorded and produced albums and singles that have sold millions of copies worldwide, and enjoyed success with 23 Top 30 singles in Britain alone.
David was nominated for a Grammy award for his smash hit single Rock On in 1974 and other hits from his 50-year repertoire include Gonna Make You a Star, Lamplight, Good Together, It’s Gonna be Alright, Missing You, Oh What a Circus, Silver Dream Machine and A Winter’s Tale. According to The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles, he was voted the number one British male vocalist in 1974.
As well as penning his own material, the versatile performer shot to fame as a West End star when he secured the role of Jesus in the London production of musical Godspell.
Other theatre credits include Che inthe original production of Evita, Reverend Shaw in Footloose, George in Aspects of Love and Levi Lee in All the Fun of the Fair.
David also starred in Silver Dream Racer, That’ll Be The Day and Stardust films, and this July the blue-eyed performer will celebrate his 70th birthday.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
More recent highlights include a stint in Eastenders in 2011 and performing in The War of the Worlds stage show in 2016. He has also written best-selling books, was awarded an OBE in 1999 for his role as an ambassador for the Voluntary Service Overseas, and received a Variety Lifetime Achievement award.
On Sunday, July 15 David will be joined by his band as he sprinkles some Stardust at Potters on a One Night Break.
The break starts from £169 per person and includes live evening entertainment in the state-of-the-art Atlas Theatre, followed by dancing and music in the Terrace Bar, comfortable accommodation, a five course dinner with selected wines, a midnight dish, breakfast the following morning, daytime activities and extensive sports and leisure facilities.
Call 0333 3207 497 to book.