Gorleston gears up for 'lively' weekend with return of clifftop festival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
A seaside town is gearing up for its annual clifftop festival and organisers say it is going to be an "awesome weekend".
Preparations are underway for this year's Gorleston Clifftop Festival which will take place on July 30 and July 31.
With a funfair, children's arena, and a dog show and agility display, there will be lots to keep families entertained.
There will also be live music on two stages and entertainment throughout.
This year will also see the introduction of an all-new 'wellbeing arena', as well as live demonstrations from the WAW Wrestlers and a performance from the Jormungandr Austr Saxon & Viking Re-enactment Society.
Lyndon Bevan, chair of Visit Great Yarmouth, said: “We’re really excited for the Gorleston Clifftop Festival to return.
"It’s been a key event in our calendar for over two decades and every year it just gets bigger and better.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 3 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 4 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 5 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 6 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount
- 7 £26m seafront leisure centre opens doors for first time today
- 8 Rogue landlords hit with £67,500 in fines in scheme praised by tenants
- 9 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 10 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
"We’re looking forward to two days of entertainment, activities, live music, stalls, and a fantastic firework finale sponsored by Visit Great Yarmouth.
"With the amazing weather we have been having we are confident of drawing in lots of visitors to enjoy a brilliant family day out.”