Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: Danielle Booden
A spectacular fire and light show sprang into life on Great Yarmouth seafront tonight.
The seafront Venetian Waterways are playing host to Fire on the Water every night until Saturday, November 6.
Tonight the event was officially opened by Yarmouth mayor Adrian Thompson, with 2,100 tickets sold for its first night.
There were gasps as flames shot into the air from organs and a strange clockwork device.
The experience will take the audience on a 60-minute (or optional 30 minute) trail, which will also feature dance and acrobatic performances.
It is expected that 30,000 people will enjoy the temporary attraction.
For more information and to book tickets visit outtherearts.org.uk/fire-on-the-water.
There will be a relaxed night on Wednesday, November 3 to accommodate young people and adults with autism and other sensory sensitives.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 3 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 4 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 5 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 8 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
For more details contact Jacob@outtherearts.org.uk
See our website tomorrow for a special report on the attraction.