Do something different in Martham
A FREE activity day for families will take place across three venues in Martham this weekend.Do Something Different Day offers a variety of free creative activities for families and the local community at Flegg High School, Martham Village Hall, Trinity Sure Start Children's Centre and Village Green.
A FREE activity day for families will take place across three venues in Martham this weekend.
Do Something Different Day offers a variety of free creative activities for families and the local community at Flegg High School, Martham Village Hall, Trinity Sure Start Children's Centre and Village Green.
Families will be able to try out a range of activities including circus skills, science workshops, sports, drumming, dance and craft activities.
“Parents, carers and children have told us that they would like more family activities to be available to them in their own neighbourhoods,” said Anne Severino, Extended Schools Cluster Coordinator. “Do Something Different Day gives us the chance to showcase a range of activities and signpost people on to new creative opportunities.”
The event is a partnership project with SeaChange Arts and forms part of a continuing programme of work in the borough's rural communities, offering high quality and regular creative opportunities for families.
Families attending will also be able to find out about local groups, agencies and organisations that can offer family activities and services and how they can participate in an ongoing programme of activities in their area.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
The day is part of the Flegg High School 21st Annual Sports Festival which offers the wider community the opportunity to “do something different”. The Sports Festival is running from March 22-April 1, bringing children from all the Flegg feeder schools together to take part in a variety of sporting activities.
Do Something Different Day takes place tomorrow, Saturday, 10-30am-1pm at Flegg High School, Trinity Sure Start Centre and Martham Village Hall. Entry is free and is open to all.