Pooches big day out at Haddiscoe dog show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A companion dog show is being held to raise funds for the dementia team at the James Paget University Hospital.
The show - for all breeds or cross-breeds of dogs - is at Haddiscoe village hall on Sunday, May 6 and dogs do not need to be registered with the Kennel Club.
Entries will be taken from 10.30am and the judging starts at 11.30am.
There are pedigree classes for all ages and novelty classes including child handling, rescue veterans, crossbreeds, under and over 15ins tall and happy families, as well as the customary handsomest male, and prettiest bitch!
There will be tombola, refreshments, free car parking and craft stalls.
No bitches in season please, organisers stress.
More information about the event can be had by calling Malcolm, Lynn or Sam Moore on 01493 781691.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
Last year funds raised from the day were donated to the Sandra Chapman Centre at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.