EFX auditions this weekend
THE final stage in a search for a new member for girl band EFX takes place Sunday. The remaining 20 hopefuls from the shortlist will audition at Great Yarmouth's Atlanta Arena.
THE final stage in a search for a new member for girl band EFX takes place Sunday. The remaining 20 hopefuls from the shortlist will audition at Great Yarmouth's Atlanta Arena. It kicks off at 11 am with EFX teaching a short dance routine which entrants have to repeat before performing a song of their choice. An open audition takes place after 2pm for anyone coming along for the first time.
Top Spirit Medium Derek Acorah appears at Great Yarmouth's Britannia Pier on Thursday, September 17. After finding fame as the resident medium for Living TV's - Most Haunted, he went on to front Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns. Derek's TV success led to the programmes being sold worldwide to the USA, Canada and Australia. Also a popular author, his books regularly top the best seller lists. Tickets for the show, �17.50, are available from the Britannia Theatre Box Office on 01493 842914.
There is a new date for an evening with boxer John Thaxton at Great Yarmouth's Legends Bar.
The event has been moved to Wednesday, October 14 to fit in with Thaxton's training commitments ahead of his forthcoming British Title fight against John Murray. Tickets sold remain valid and are still available, �15, on 07545 034375.
Ex Norwich city boss Bryan Gunn is also being pencilled in to appear at the venue at a date to be confirmed.
Brundall School will host its fete and 40th anniversary celebrations on September 19. Former pupils and staff are welcome to the 1960s fancy dress party celebrations from 4pm to 6pm. The fete will run from midday until 4pm and will be opened by David Clayton from BBC Radio Norfolk. Admission for adults is 50p while children go free and attractions include a barbeque, raffle, stalls, rides, Pimms tent disco and flypast. The event is co-sponsored by Budgens and Brundall Motor Company.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 10 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
Local artist Jack Tillett has some of his original works on show at the Strictly Gallery and photographic studio in Great Yarmouth's Victoria Arcade. Jack is Norfolk born and bred and his works have gone to many countries around the world. He specialises in Broadland landscape watercolours. The Strictly Gallery is Yarmouth's newest art venue, and is currently also exhibiting a selection of pictures taken from around the world, all canvas pictures from around the world are limited edition and signed by the artists.