THE curtain will be going up once again for the Variety of Life show at the Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston on June 4, starting at 7.30pm. The show is in aid of Cancer Research UK and follows on from last year's sell out Variety of Life show which raised �2,000 for the charity.
THE curtain will be going up once again for the Variety of Life show at the Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston on June 4, starting at 7.30pm.
The show is in aid of Cancer Research UK and follows on from last year's sell out Variety of Life show which raised �2,000 for the charity. This year features the winners of Gorleston's Got Talent - Dem Bratz. The show is hosted by Yarmouth's head of tourism Alan Carr and is produced by Karen and Alex Youngs. Tickets are available from the box office at the Gorleston Pavilion priced at �10 for adults, �8 for concessions and �6 for children. To book phone 01493 662832 or visit www.gorlestonpavilion.co.uk.
Theatre East host a James Bond themed Heroes evening at Flegg High School, Martham tomorrow, Saturday. The evening includes a cabaret style show, quizzes, dancing and raffle raising cash for the Help for Heroes charity. Tickets �4 adults, �3 concessions are available in advance on 01493 748406. The evening starts at 7.30pm with the option of dressing up as your favourite spy or villain.
Great Yarmouth Choral Society will be holding its summer concert at St Nicholas Church in Yarmouth on June 19. The main works in the programme are the much loved Faure Requiem and Vivaldi's Gloria. Tickets can be bought from Allen's Music Centre in Yarmouth by phoning 01493 850172 or Aldred's Estate Agents, Gorleston by phoning 01493 664600.
You may also want to watch:
Great Yarmouth Gilbert and Sullivan Society will present a concert of well-loved excerpts from the Savoy Operas on June 19 at 7.30pm at Lowestoft Road Methodist Church in Gorleston. Tickets are �4 each and will be available on the door.
The Society will appear on June 26 at St Lawrence's Art Centre at South Walsham. Tickets are priced at �7.50, concs �6.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 3 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
The Society will appear at Great Yarmouth Priory Centre on July 17.
A recipe book, compiled by members of the Society and illustrated with pictures of Gilbertian characters, is available at Veritas Bookshop in Gorleston priced at �5 in aid of the Society.