Bits and bobs from around the borough
HEMSBY Harlequins present the pantomime Snow White in the village hall from tonight to Sunday. Performances take place at 7.30pm on Friday and Saturday and 2pm on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets, �4, are available from Hemsby Spar Video Shop (Sparkles) and Hemsby Post Office. Proceeds to good causes.
l A rare 60s’ soul disco will be held at the Green Gate Inn in Caister tonight.
The disco will feature classic and rare 60s’ soul, Motown and Northern Soul retro disco and will start at 8pm.
Entry is free and DJ Gooner will be playing the music.
l Potters Leisure Resort has a host of top stars lined up – including I’m a Celebrity star Stacey Solomon.
Stacey will be appearing on February 24 and 25 in the Atlas Theatre at the Hopton resort, while other top acts include Jimmy Jones and the Vagabonds on February 4, Joe McElderry on March 18, Gary US Bonds and Ben E King on March 20 and Brian Conley on March 27. For more details call Potters on 01502 735000.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 6 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 7 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 8 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
l The RSPB’s Big Garden Birdwatch is at Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, South Walsham tomorrow.
With more than 95 bird species recorded at Fairhaven, identification sheets will be provided on the day to help birdwatchers.
A free packet of wildflower seeds will also be given away with every completed record sheet. Normal admission charges of adult �5.50, concessions �5, child �3 apply on the day.
l A charity concert in aid of service charities is being given by the Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines Collingwood.
The concert is being held at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on Saturday, March 12. Tickets are �20 and �19. To book, call the box office on 01502 533200.
l THERE will be a talk on the Goldsmiths of East Anglia next month at Martham Methodist Church.
The illustrated talk on the craftsmen, who passed on their skills through many generations until about 1750 when the trade began to be dominated by London, will be given by Dr Mary Fewster
It will be held in the Sunday School Room on Tuesday, February 15, at 7.30pm, with tickets costing �3 adults, �1 schoolage and �1 club members. Call 01493 740379.