'Gourmet' kebab shop bringing 40 jobs to town centre
- Credit: Google Maps/GDK
A fast food chain has revealed it is opening its new restaurant in Great Yarmouth next month.
German Doner Kebab will welcome its first customers in July at 19, Market Place, next to Specsavers.
The new restaurant is said to be creating "in the region of" 40 new jobs.
It is one of 78 new locations the chain is aiming to open across the UK in 2022, on top of the 39 it established in 2021 during the pandemic.
German Doner Kebab says it is "revolutionising the kebab in the UK".
The brand has more than 100 restaurants in the UK. The closest other branch is in Ipswich.
Daniel Bunce, of GDK Global, said he was delighted to officially announce plans to bring the German Doner Kebab "fast-casual dining experience" to Great Yarmouth.
The restaurant will offer dine-in, take away, click and collect, and delivery through its partners.
- 1 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 2 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 6 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
- 7 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 8 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 9 More than half say lights 'too tacky' for Gorleston
- 10 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
Number 19 has most recently traded as a carpet shop but has also been a William Hill betting shop, a YMCA charity shop and a 97p shop.