When will vegan burger come to Norfolk's McDonalds?
- Credit: Archant
McDonalds is set to introduce a new plant-based burger for vegans, which will be trialled at selected Norfolk restaurants later this year.
The fast-food chain says the new McPlant burger offers the “same great taste and experience you would expect from a McDonald’s burger”.
From September 29, the new burger will be trialled in 10 restaurants in Coventry and from October 13, a further 250 plus sites will see it introduced — including 20 sites across Norfolk and Waveney.
McDonalds hope to roll out the McPlant nationwide in 2022.
The new burger features a plant-based patty co-developed with Beyond Meat as well as vegan sesame seed bun, mustard, ketchup, vegan sauce, fresh onion, pickles, lettuce, tomato and vegan cheese.
You may also want to watch:
It is cooked separately from other McDonald’s burgers and sandwiches using dedicated meat-free utensils.
Michelle Graham-Clare, chief marketing officer, said: “As with every McDonald’s offering, we take our time to ensure it meets the highest standards and is something that all our customers will enjoy.
- 1 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 6 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 7 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 8 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
“We’re confident you will enjoy the McPlant.”
To check where you can get a McPlant from October 13 visit here, https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/latest-updates/mcplant.html.