Fun day for all at Yarmouth racecourse
PREPARATIONS for a variety show taking place in Gorleston which is hoped to raise thousands of pounds for wounded soliders are stepping up a gear. Named Hats off 4 Heroes, the gala performance will involve acts including comedy and vocal entertainer Olly Day, multi instrumentalist Andy Eastwood and the Gypsy Dancers.
PREPARATIONS for a variety show taking place in Gorleston which is hoped to raise thousands of pounds for wounded soliders are stepping up a gear.
Named Hats off 4 Heroes, the gala performance will involve acts including comedy and vocal entertainer Olly Day, multi instrumentalist Andy Eastwood and the Gypsy Dancers.
With two performances on October 30 at The Pavilion Theatre, the 600 tickets available are selling out rapidly.
And with full sponsorship from more than 70 local businesses, it is hoped that the event will raise more than �8000 for Help for Heroes.
On the day, the matinee performance starts 2pm, and the evening performance starts at 7.30pm.
For the last remaining tickets, contact the Pavilion Theatre box office on 01493 662832. Tickets are �15, with concessions and groups going for �14 and children costing �10.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 10 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
THE Silhouette Stage School, which is based in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth, will be offering free dance sessions through the Asda sporting chance vouchers.
The school will be in the Yarmouth store Asda today and the Lowestoft store tomorrow from 10am to 1pm.
SOMERLEYTON Hall will be playing host to a range of activities this bank holiday weekend.
On Sunday, families will be treated to the teddy bears' picnic, and visitors can dress up their own to win a contest being judged at 1.30pm. Following that, there will also be a traditional Punch and Judy show from Mr Jingles.
The next day will see the arrival of Jazz on the Lawns, the annual picnic featuring five-piece Hot Jazz. The band, who will be playing a mixture of traditional Dixieland and favourites from the golden era of the genre, will also be joined by the Neil Kane Jazz Trio.
Organisers are encouraging people to put on their glad rags and pack some bubbly in the hamper, and not to forget to bring a seat or a cushion.
All the events are included in the standard gardens only admission price, which is adults �5.50, over-60s �4.50, 5-16s �3.50, under-fives free. The gardens open 10am-5pm.