Get out there for festival
ORGANISERS of Great Yarmouth's Out There festival are seeking 10 volunteers to perform in the showpiece of this year's event.The French street show Bivouac features pyrotechnics, a rock soundtrack and a team of blue-painted men.
ORGANISERS of Great Yarmouth's Out There festival are seeking 10 volunteers to perform in the showpiece of this year's event.
The French street show Bivouac features pyrotechnics, a rock soundtrack and a team of blue-painted men.
Produced by Marseille based G�n�rik Vapeur, Bivouac has been setting streets on fire across Europe for almost 20 years.
Pierre Berthelot, artistic director of G�n�rik Vapeur, visited Great Yarmouth recently to meet representatives from festival organiser SeaChange and scout the route for the street show.
You may also want to watch:
Ten volunteers will be able to perform alongside the company in the show which will be making its debut in England.
Laurie Miller-Zutshi, of SeaChange, said: “We're looking for people who are enthusiastic and physically fit. Bivouac is a dynamic, highly physical performance. We're particularly keen to get people with a fitness or sporting background involved.”
- 1 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 6 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 7 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 8 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 9 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 10 'I was genuinely worried' - Theatre director on reopening in Tier 2
She added: “The scale of show is astounding - G�n�rik Vapeur are famous for their large scale shows which transform a town or landscape - this is a really exciting opportunity to get involved in this year's festival.”
Out There is a street arts festival that takes place on September 18 and 19.
Volunteers need to be physically fit, aged 16 or over and be available for rehearsals during the week of September 12. The performance will be on the evening of September 18. Auditions for volunteers will take place on June 4.
Anyone interested should contact Laurie Miller-Zutshi on 01493 846550 or email email@example.com