TOP DJ John Rodgers will perform at the Ocean Room in Gorleston tonight for a special Boogie Nights. John will be playing the best in 70s and 80s disco from 9pm until 2am.
TOP DJ John Rodgers will perform at the Ocean Room in Gorleston tonight for a special Boogie Nights.
John will be playing the best in 70s and 80s disco from 9pm until 2am. The former Ocean Room resident DJ has become well known to the legendary Thursday nights.
He said: “I'm really looking forward to tonight . It is a fantastic room to work which always has an incredible atmosphere.”
MIDTEEN band The Metros paid a quick visit to Great Yarmouth last week. The 17 year olds performed their latest single Education Part Two at Better Leisure CD and DVD store in King Street to a crowd of fans who had gathered in the available floor space to see them perform their brand of indie, pop and a sprinkling of punk. The only gig they have in East Anglia is at Junction at Cambridge on April 28.
NEWLY established Hopton-based band Out of the Ashes with a repertoire of 60's, Rock 'n Roll, Country and pop with gigs booked are looking for and experienced lead guitarist. Spokeswoman Mary Brown said: “Enthusiasm for this genre of music, plus an easy-going attitude will be an asset and age is no handicap!” For more details call Ron on 01502 733747 or mobile: 0779 2024804.
STORM return to Great Yarmouth for a one-off gig at The Ship tonight .
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
The five-piece band have been busy gigging in Norwich recently which culminated in a successful support to Floating Greyhounds.
The line up of Fizz on vocals, Angus and Jason on guitars, Maurice on bass and Stacey on drums, will perform a wide variety of songs from the likes of Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Van Halen and Black Sabbath. To find out more call 07526 493494.
THIS month's Wood and the Wire acoustic music event will be held on Sunday at the Albion Public House, Gorleston. There will be music from first time performers, who write their own material to musicians from local bands with a variety of styles, Jazz, Folk, Sea Shanty, Rock, and Punk.
The gig starts at 8pm. Organisers are advising to get there early due to the large number of performers. For additional information check the website www.woodandthewire.co.uk .