Good response for folk workshop
A FOLK workshop, held by Gorleston St Andrew's Competitive Festival was attended by thirty children and adults.The group spent the afternoon in intensive study of traditional melodies - Basse Danse, a 15th century tune, the Kerry Cow (an Irish Polka) and Irish Jig, the Hag at the Churn.
A FOLK workshop, held by Gorleston St Andrew's Competitive Festival was attended by thirty children and adults.
The group spent the afternoon in intensive study of traditional melodies - Basse Danse, a 15th century tune, the Kerry Cow (an Irish Polka) and Irish Jig, the Hag at the Churn.
Participants were divided into three groups, led by Laura Cannell (strings), Marie Young (wind instruments, including penny whistles) and Adrian Lever (guitars).
An impromptu folk band was formed to perform the melodies, which delighted the audience and gave the Ceilidh evening a rousing start.
The Ceilidh was led by Marie with the Tutti Ceilidh Band, whose enthusiastic playing was mirrored by the energetic dancers.
The workshop was sponsored by Seachange Arts and Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
- 1 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 2 Dream comes true for 21-year-old Belton businessowner
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 Town's new £4.7m market called out for 'horrible' floor
- 5 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 6 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 7 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 8 Death remains 'unexplained' after body part washed up on beach
- 9 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 10 Restaurant offering free meals to children over school holidays
The festival ends with three events - the senior concert at the St Andrew's Chapter House, Friday 19 March, 7.30pm; The Junior Concert, Lynn Grove High School, 2pm and the Recital and Bircham Awards Evening at the Chapter House, 7.30pm on Saturday, March 20.
Tickets are adults �2.50 with accompanied children free.