Dinosaurs are making their way to Great Yarmouth this summer
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
TV stars and dinosaurs are heading to the east coast as organiser progress with plans for this year's instalment of the Great Yarmouth Comic Con.
Returning for its third year, Great Yarmouth Comic Con will be hosted at Great Yarmouth Racecourse on Jellicoe Road on June 4 and 5 and will be bringing fearsome pre-historic creature and celebrities to the town.
The Jurassic Zone will be home to several extinct species including a tyrannosaurus rex and an indoraptor. Visitors are also be welcomed to stroke dino babies, which will be carried by park rangers at the event.
The dinosaurs will be animatronic and visitors will have the chance to ride inside.
This year's guests include Andrew-Lee Potts, who played Connor Temple in the ITV sci-fi show Primeval and its Canadian spinoff Primeval: New World, and former Eastender and Dr Who star Michelle Collins.
Mr Potts has also appeared in Inspector George Gently, Midsomer Murders and more recently in The Crown.
Ms Collins gained notoriety on Albert Square playing Ian Beale's first wife Sindy and more recently she played the Rovers Return Inn landlady Stella Price in Coronation Street.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 3 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
- 8 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 9 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 10 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
In 2021, she starred alongside Vinnie Jones in Rise of the Footsoldier: Origins.
Both actors will appear at the event on both days.
In typical comic con fashion, people are invited to get creative and cosplay as their favourite television, movie and literary characters while meeting famous faces.
A spokesperson for the event said: "It doesn't matter if you're the biggest geek or a first time comic con-goer.
"Whether you are with family or on you own, there is something for everyone and one of the best value days out the area has to offer.
"Expect to find your favourite characters, amazing props, awesome entertainment and maybe a few celebrities."
Last year's event saw appearances from action star Craig Fairbrass, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them star Joshua Shea and Gavin and Stacey actor and former Eastender Larry Lamb.
Guests were there for Q&A sessions, autographs and professional photos.
There was also professional wrestling presented by Norwich's World Association of Wrestling, alongside stalls, interactive activities and professional cosplayers.