Celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee with slap up town hall banquet
- Credit: Archant
People across the borough of Great Yarmouth are being invited to a patriotic celebration to mark the Queen’s 70-year reign.
To help mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Great Yarmouth Town Hall will be hosting a celebration dinner on the night of Saturday, June 4 in the Assembly Room.
There will be a four-course banquet, followed by coffee and mints, and a fully licensed bar.
Entertainment will be provided by local soloist singer, Daniella Beck, who will be taking guests on a nostalgic musical journey through the decades before a ‘Last Night of the Proms’ style finale.
As well as the formal dinner event, there are also plans for several free public events to mark the Platinum Jubilee in the borough.
This includes the lighting of a beacon lighting in Anchor Gardens, followed by fireworks on Thursday, June 2; a civic jubilee service at Great Yarmouth Minster led by Rev Simon Ward on Friday, June 3; and Big Jubilee Lunch events at Great Yarmouth Market Place and Pier Gardens in Gorleston on Sunday, June 5.
Great Yarmouth Mayor Adrian Thompson said: "This event is just one of the many ways we are inviting residents to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 3 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 4 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 5 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 7 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 8 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 9 Lifeboat launched to help stranded vessel that had lost power
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
"If residents cannot make the celebration at the Town Hall, there are several other community events which we are hosting that we encourage people to get involved with.”
Tickets are priced at just £42 per person and can be ordered via the events team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01493 846154.