Dog-themed fun books a place at Great Yarmouth library
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth library is going barking mad over the half term holiday.
As well as finding a book to curl up with children can enjoy a range of crafts focussed on all things canine.
The hands-on event is timed to coincide with the Chinese Year of the Dog and takes place on Wednesday, February 14, 2-4pm.
Then on Saturday February 17 there will be a range of dog-themed activities and a chance for children to mingle with a special guest - Pets as Therapy (PAT) dog Lily.
Lily will be arriving at 1pm with her owner Anne.
You may also want to watch:
It is being billed as “an ideal opportunity for children to build confidence around dogs.”
Animals are credited with having a calming effect on people.
- 1 Arrests after home raid reveals 'large quantity' of cannabis and cash
- 2 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 3 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 4 House of multiple occupancy in 'desirable area' set for auction
- 5 Purple, green and blue hairdo gets Chloe to final
- 6 Visitors from Leicestershire among 160 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more
- 8 Towns oppose suggestion of more on-street parking charges
- 9 Plan for 12 new homes in Broads village
- 10 SUV chases and rams into car in coastal village
It is claimed that interacting with an animal can reduce anxiety and improve mood and they are now familiar visitors to care homes and hospitals.
The event runs from 1-4pm.