Dog-themed fun books a place at Great Yarmouth library
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth library is going barking mad over the half term holiday.
As well as finding a book to curl up with children can enjoy a range of crafts focussed on all things canine.
The hands-on event is timed to coincide with the Chinese Year of the Dog and takes place on Wednesday, February 14, 2-4pm.
Then on Saturday February 17 there will be a range of dog-themed activities and a chance for children to mingle with a special guest - Pets as Therapy (PAT) dog Lily.
Lily will be arriving at 1pm with her owner Anne.
It is being billed as “an ideal opportunity for children to build confidence around dogs.”
Animals are credited with having a calming effect on people.
- 1 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 2 Plea as ducklings routinely snatched by killer seagulls
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescues woman from Great Yarmouth river
- 4 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
- 5 GP wished they could have done more for man found dead at home
- 6 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 7 From classic cars to monster trucks - Wheels Festival draws thousands
- 8 Roadworks to know about in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston this week
- 9 Former BBC Three comedian coming to Gorleston venue
- 10 Hair salon on the hunt for local heroes to thank
It is claimed that interacting with an animal can reduce anxiety and improve mood and they are now familiar visitors to care homes and hospitals.
The event runs from 1-4pm.