Christmas fayre, Harry Potter, and Stick Man at Yarmouth library
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Christmas is coming to Great Yarmouth library on Saturday.
The popular community hub is hosting its festive fayre from 11am to 2pm with a DVD sale, knitted items, charm reading, craft and cakes.
Meanwhile the History of Magic exhibition inspired by Harry Potter continues.
In partnership with the British Library it features displays about spells and magic.
The display includes specially designed panels showing images of rare books, manuscripts and magical objects featured in the British Library’s exhibition, as well as images of material from JK Rowling and Bloomsbury’s own collections.
There is a family trail and on December 9, 11-1pm there are family crafts on a magical theme.
Also on Thursday December 14 there is drama, adventure, songs, role-play and story telling with a professional tutor from Little Peoples Drama Company.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
The event which revolves around the character of Stick Man is for two to four year olds, £4 per child.
Book via 01493 844551 or email Yarmouth.email@example.com.