Hit Zombie Wedding comes to Gorleston Pavilion
FOLLOWING its success at the New York Fringe Festival Zombie Wedding, brainchild of Norfolk-based composer Daniel Sturman, comes to Gorleston Pavilion Theatre for its UK premi�re.
The musical “zomedy” is set in the 1980s, events leading to the lead character’s dream-turned-zombie-infested wedding.
Daniel Sturman, raised in Beccles and now living in Norwich, came up with the idea while at Dartington College in Devon, where he studied music composition and digital arts.
His interest in theatre and music started as a teenager, when he joined Gorleston-based Young People’s Theatre Company Dusmagrik, the highlight of his four-year involvement being his interpretation of Billie Bigallow in Carousel.
After meeting American lyricist RC Stabb Daniel decided to shape Zombie Wedding further. RC polished the script and wrote the lyrics while Daniel reviewed existing songs and added new ones. A first reading was held in Los Angeles in 2010, followed by a staged reading in San Francisco. The musical being well received, Daniel and RC decided to present Zombie Wedding for inclusion at the New York Fringe where it was described as “the pick of the Fringe” in What’s On New York.
When Alex Youngs from Xander Productions approached him to stage it at the Pavilion, it was the prefect opportunity for Daniel to go back to his roots
He said: “Having spent ten years away from the Pavilion Theatre, it’s great to return and present my own show. It’s a unique, atmospheric and beautiful venue, which holds very many happy memories for me.”
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
Alex Youngs adds: “Having worked with Daniel over ten years ago, it’s wonderful to welcome him back and to hear his Zombie Wedding success story.”
Zombie Wedding will be staged at the Gorleston Pavilion Theatre with a grand opening night on October 18 and a closing party on the October 19.
Tickets can be booked at gorlestonpavilion.com or via the box office on 01493 662832.