Art classes with a difference on offer at Yarmouth theatre
- Credit: Archant
If it’s Monday it must be art day at St George’s Theatre cafe in Great Yarmouth.
The pavilion is hosting a series of workshops where people can harness their flair and create sketchbooks brimming with creativity.
They are being hosted by Lorraine Lavan who heads up the St George’s Theatre community choir which is going from strength to strength.
She said: “The art classes, I believe, are very different to the normal art classes on offer in the area and give budding artists the opportunity to face the sort of challenges they would be presented with at FE or on a foundation course. All fees go to the theatre (I give my time freely) and I already have some lovely students but it would be nice if we could raise more money.”
The classes run until November 10 from 10am to midday on a Monday and cost £12 a week.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to register call 01493 722734.
- 1 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 4 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 5 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 6 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 7 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 8 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?