Hopton pub scores with Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor
PUB darts players will step up to the oche against a pretty formidable opponent next week – the 15 times world champion.
Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor will be taking on regulars at The Turnstone in Hopton on Thursday.
People at the seaside pub will get to try their hand against the best player on the planet thanks to Paul Blisset of Gorleston who won a competition to be his opponent.
Landlord Trevor Pearce said he was delighted to have such a high profile visitor at the pub where darts is played regularly.
His chum Mr Blisset had only half-heartedly entered the competition after buying a darts board for his son and selected the Turnstone as a suitable venue after he found out he had won.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought it was a wind up at first,” said Mr Pearce. “The whole village is buzzing. I haven’t got the full itinerary yet but he will be here for most of the night from about 6.30pm.
“He will play the chap who won the competition and stay for autographs and play a few other people too,” Mr Pearce added.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 5 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
Taylor, 51, is regarded as the best darts player ever, having won more than 150 professional tournaments.