It's a summer of fun, laughter and music
IT WILL be fun, laughter and music all the way this summer season at the Britannia Pier with a number of top line acts.Kicking things off on Friday April 18 will be singer and music impersonator Joe Longthorne.
IT WILL be fun, laughter and music all the way this summer season at the Britannia Pier with a number of top line acts.
Kicking things off on Friday April 18 will be singer and music impersonator Joe Longthorne.
Joe's repertoire of voices is endless and includes hundreds of the world's top singers, however, he is perhaps best known for his impersonation of Shirley Bassey who has commented, “Joe can do me better than I can do myself.”
He has received gold and platinum discs for his albums, enjoyed sell-out concerts at the Royal Albert Hall, as well as touring Australia several times.
Now, he says he is looking forward to performing to audiences in Yarmouth.
Rick Wakeman, who was the only person to have appeared in every one of BBC-TV's Grumpy Old Men, will be performing on Sunday May 4, with his mixed style of piano and keyboard playing, it has resulted in some highly successful sell-out one man shows around the world. Although now retired from lengthy touring, he always said he would continue with a limited number of live performances. He tells us the finale of the evening in particular is a real showstopper, hence it being the finale.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
Rick will be followed on Friday May 9 by top psychic-medium Shaun Dennis who promises the ultimate psychic experience. He says his special abilities allow him to receive “astonishing levels” of very personal details communicated during spiritual contact.
Later, on July 31, 70s and 80s favourites Bucks Fizz and the Brotherhood of Man will be presenting a non-stop music extravaganza featuring all of their well known hits including Making Your Kind Up, winner of the 1981 Eurovision Song Contest, Land of Make Believe together with Save All Your Kisses for Me, another Euro winner for Brotherhood of Man.
Comedian Jimmy Carr appears on Friday August 8 and this show is not suitable for the easily offended. His brochure says it is a show for people without a moral compass.
Also appearing later will be squeaky-voiced comedian Joe Pasquale, but a date has to be arranged.