Join Grubbles for Bewilderwood boat building
- Credit: Archant
The Great Grubble Boat Race is being staged at Bewilderwood from tomorrow (Saturday) until Sunday June 1.
Grubbles are the round and cosy characters from A Bewildermuddle, the third in the series of Bewilderwood books.
They form a nomadic tribe and are very good friends with the Boggles.
Arriving at the same time each year in a great flotilla of coracles, they paddle their way down the Dismal Dyke to set up camp at The Long Lagoon.
Visitors can head to the Big Hat - a hub of extra special activities - and get busy building magnificent blow boats, as extraordinary and unexpected as they like and join the race to get to the Twiggle houses and Grubble grottos.
You may also want to watch:
May half term is said to be a beautiful time to visit the woods with the yellow flag irises blooming.
Young and old alike can enjoy playing on the jungle bridges, getting befuddled in the maze and whizzing down the wobbly wires. There are also opportunities for face painting and story telling with Swampy, a brand new puppet.
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 3 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 4 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 6 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 7 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
For further information and prices visit www.bewilderwood.co.uk.