Kickstart a career in arts with Seachange in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
The team behind Great Yarmouth’s colourful Out There festival has launched a new scheme to give volunteers a unique insight into the arts.
Seachange Arts is putting together a team to support its events and projects while gaining access to a number of exclusive artistic and creative opportunities.
The Troupers scheme will offer participants the chance to take on numerous roles to gain valuable experience potentially helping kick start their career in the arts. Alongside practical experience they will also get unique opportunities to take part in shows, work with artists, input on programming and marketing, and visit other festivals.
Sacha Goslin, marketing assistant at Seachange, said: “It’s a great opportunity for those looking to pursue a career in the arts.
“Like any industry there is a lot of competition for careers. By gaining as much experience as you can, it will give you an edge going forward. Alternatively if you’re just passionate and want to get involved in the arts, we’d love to hear from you.”
Seachange has recently been awarded National Portfolio Organisation status by Arts Council England, helping position them as a UK leader in circus and street arts. In addition to the Out There Festival, they provide a year round programme of classes, residencies from visiting companies and major European partnership projects.
Former volunteer Becca Clayton is now a producer with Seachange. She said: “Volunteering really helped me improve my skills, build confidence and gain new contacts.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 9 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 10 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
“I now get to work with some of Europe’s leading artists, travel, and help develop world class events – something I’d never dreamed I’d have been doing five years ago.”
? To find out more about the scheme and sign-up, visit www.seachangearts.org.uk or email Laurie Miller-Zutshi at firstname.lastname@example.org