Mastema rock Live and Unsigned
GORLESTON-based heavy rock band Mastema have sailed through the audition stage of Live and Unsigned, the UK’s biggest original music competition, winning a place in the regional showcase final.
Mastema battled against hundreds of acts to secure a spot in the next round and now have the opportunity to prove they are the best in the region and progress towards the Live and Unsigned final at the O2 in London.
The regional final will take place at Ipswich Corn Exchange on Saturday, April 9, in front of an enthusiastic crowd of music fans and professional judging panel, including judges from Kerrang, NME Radio and Radio One.
Singer Chris Johnston said: “It’s great to be taking part in a competition of this scale and to be in with a chance of playing at the O2. We’re really looking forward to getting out there and playing our music to a wider audience.”
Drummer Luke Clarke said: “We know how passionate our fans are about live music and we’d love to take some local support with us to Ipswich. Anyone interested in cheering us on can find details of how they can get involved on our Facebook page.”
Since forming in 2008 Mastema have gained a reputation as one of the area’s must-see bands. With a set consisting of original songs, along with the occasional classic cover, they have firmly established themselves as one of the best live acts on the East Coast rock scene, building up an ever growing loyal fan base.
Mastema released their debut album Close to Breaking last year. It is available on CD at the band’s gigs and to download on iTunes and other on-line stores.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 10 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
Live and Unsigned is the biggest original music competition in the UK for unsigned bands and artists, attracting more than 50,000 entries in the past five years.