Musclebound gym giants set to battle it out for ‘strongest’ title at Gorleston Clifftop Festival 2017
- Credit: Chloe Holt Photography
Musclemen will flex their bulging biceps to heave their way to a string of titles at this year’s Clifftop Festival at Gorleston.
Organisers have announced the popular competition will again be adding to the mix of activities along the seaside strip.
Entrants can test their strength in a range of new events including Excalibur swords, farmers walk (carrying something heavy) and tyre flip reps.
To host the muscle-straining contest on Sunday July 30 Gorleston Clifftop Festival has joined forces with Top Body Gym Top Body Gym, on Longs Industrial Estate, Gorleston - a partnership that has being strong since 2009.
The event started off with simple events such as bench press and deadlift but has now grown to include car pulls and atlas stones.
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Webber, event coordinator said: “The strongman competition is always popular and we are pleased that Top Body have agreed to host the event again, it adds variety to the festival.”
MORE: £10,000 crowdfunding appeal to keep Gorleston’s clifftop festival goingRegistration for competitors takes place from 10.30am to 11.30am and the main event will kick off at noon.
Spectators should head to the trim trail to watch the antics.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
Scott Graysmark, manager at Top Body Gym, said: “We are very pleased to once again be asked back to the Clifftop Festival and put on our strongman event.
“It is always a great day which brings the local community together.
“This year’s competition is designed for any novices who would like to get involved and have a go.”
To be in with a chance of being named Gorleston’s Strongest Man or Woman, pick up an application form from Top Body Gym or enter on the day.
Information about the individual competition events or weight categories can be found on Top Body’s website www.topbodygym.co.uk.