Bands playing across the borough
ROCK’N’ROLL band The Revolves have a gig at the Prince Regent tonight, Friday. The trio will be playing covers from the 50s and 60s by artists such as Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran, The Beatles, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, Cream, The Doors, and Elvis Presley.
STEALER enter December with their last two gigs featuring singer Chris Smalley. Tomorrow, Saturday, the band will be at The Dock Tavern in Gorleston and then finally on Friday, December 23 at O’Grady’s in Great Yarmouth. Both gigs start around 9pm. The band, who cover classic rock songs from Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Free and Jimi Hendrix among others, are currently rehearsing a new line up for 2012. For more information visit the band’s Facebook page Friends of Stealer.
SATURDAY, December 10, sees the long awaited return of local band Nausia who will be hitting the stage at O’Gradys bar in Great Yarmouth.
The show will be a special debut for newest member Ben Hart who since his shock early departure from the X Factor boot camp has been anxious to get back on the pop circuit. Old and new fans alike are encouraged to get to the venue early to avoid disappointment as the band will be playing some new old songs as well as many from the back catalogue.
THE Buster James Band is to perform a very special show at the California Tavern tonight.
The gig sees the long-awaited return of the band, featuring original guitarist and singer Rob Seales.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 7 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 8 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Two lead guitarists are in the band, which has already been confirmed for several major festival shows in 2012.
Organisers say this is a great chance for fans in the Great Yarmouth area to catch them.
GREAT Yarmouth Keyboard Music Club will be holding a concert with Norwich performer Johnny Cleveland entertaining.
The concert will take place on Friday, December 9 at The Masonic Lodge, opposite The Wellington Pier. Doors open at 7pm, with the concert starting 7.45pm.
Johnny Cleveland has 40 years of experience playing keyboard singing with big bands performing in cabaret with many bookings in various parts of the world.
Visitors are always welcome, with entrance costing �6.