Mystery of giant octopus spotted in Great Yarmouth finally solved
- Credit: www.streetviewmarketing.co.uk
The mystery of a giant octopus spotted in Great Yarmouth has been solved.
An enormous, 50ft long octopus was spotted in the seaside town on April 1, attracting much intrigue. However this mystery has now been solved.
It has emerged that the bulging-eyed monster is the star water finale of ‘Pirates Live’ which is now being performed in front of packed audiences at the Hippodrome Circus.
Show producer Jack Jay, who portrays Captain Jack Hawkseye said: “It started as an April Fool’s day joke that actually was real.
“The sighting is in the water spectacle that houses the huge galleon in the port of Yarmouth in our new show.
You may also want to watch:
“Olly the Octopus saves the day at the end of the show and he’s huge. You have to see it to believe it.”
Pirates Live is showing at 2.30pm and 6.30pm daily until April 23, with extra shows over the Easter weekend.
For full details of performances, or to book tickets, visit the Hippodrome website.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 3 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 8 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 9 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
- 10 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected