Nelson Monument looking for volunteer guides
THE Nelson Monument in Great Yarmouth is looking for more volunteers to become monument guides.
Monument guides help keep the monument open to the public by being on hand for ascents and providing guided tours explaining the history, construction and restoration of this stunning Grade I listed monument.
Full training is provided and all that is required is commitment, enthusiasm and a willingness to engage and talk to the public.
However, due to the 217 steps to the viewing platform, monument guides should have a good general fitness.
Guides should also be available on Sundays from the end of May to beginning of September. Monument guides usually do approximately four days a year depending on availability.
You may also want to watch:
For further information and to obtain an application pack, please contact the Nelson Museum on 01493 850698 Tuesdays to Thursdays or email email@example.com
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Man, 23, knocked off bike during robbery
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Council rounds on 'uninformed' coronavirus marshal critics
- 8 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 9 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 10 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads