Nelson Monument looking for volunteer guides
THE Nelson Monument in Great Yarmouth is looking for more volunteers to become monument guides.
Monument guides help keep the monument open to the public by being on hand for ascents and providing guided tours explaining the history, construction and restoration of this stunning Grade I listed monument.
Full training is provided and all that is required is commitment, enthusiasm and a willingness to engage and talk to the public.
However, due to the 217 steps to the viewing platform, monument guides should have a good general fitness.
Guides should also be available on Sundays from the end of May to beginning of September. Monument guides usually do approximately four days a year depending on availability.
You may also want to watch:
For further information and to obtain an application pack, please contact the Nelson Museum on 01493 850698 Tuesdays to Thursdays or email email@example.com
- 1 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 4 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 5 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 6 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 9 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 10 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks