Pirates prepare to weigh anchor at the Hippodrome
- Credit: Archant
The record breaking show Pirates Live at the historic Hippodrome in Great Yarmouth reaches its final weekend of shows on this Saturday at 2.30pm and 6.30pm and on Sunday at 1.30pm and 4.30pm.
The fun-filled show has broken all records and the Hippodrome says it has had an incredible public reaction.
Producer and star of the show Jack Jay said: “I’d like to pay tribute to all the artists and staff who have worked so hard to make this incredible show happen, it’s been a blast! Well Done!”
Jack plays Captain Hawkseye and Pirate Johnny is played by Johnny Mac who is joined by an army of swashbuckling pirates.
This family blockbuster show is set in a specially created movie style 40ft galleon made by 3D Creations who made parts of the set for Pirates of the Caribbean.
You may also want to watch:
The show features Martis’s first ever visit to the Hippodrome, Carolina solo trapeze thrills, African acrobats and Argentinian Gaucho drummers with a very special guest star and a show ending that has never been seen before and needs to be seen to be believed.
It proved a massive hit over the Easter break with the Hippodrome tweeting: “Huge thank you to everyone who has been down to see us so far this bank holiday.
- 1 Tradesman named and shamed by customer threatened to ‘smash her whole house down’
- 2 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 3 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 4 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 5 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 6 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 7 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 8 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 9 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 10 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
“It’s been amazing with sell out shows all over the weekend.”
Tickets are adult £17 to £21, OAP £16 to £17, children £10 to £12 with family tickets available.
The Hippodrome is now preparing to stage Triple T’s production of a college based musical show called You Can’t Stop the Beat! on Friday, May 26 and Saturday, May 27 at 7.30pm.
Then Dance Estelle’s incredible end of term spectacular with more than 200 children will be performed on Saturday, June 10 at 7pm and Sunday, June 11 at 2pm and 5pm.
The Summer Spectacular Circus and Water Show will then be staged from July 12 to September 17.
It will feature Jack Jay and Johnny Mac and the return of the thrilling Globe Bikers and the Wheel of Death in another blockbuster edition of the show dubbed by the Daily Mail as ‘one of the Seven Wonders of the Seaside’.
The Summer Spectacular and all other shows at the Hippodrome are on sale now.
To book tickets call the box office on O1493 844172 or visit www.hippodromecircus.co.uk