Prepare for Ocean Room reunion
A MAJOR event is to be revisited in Gorleston largely thanks to local DJ John Rogers and networking site FacebookFor many years Thursday night at the Ocean Room was an institution.
A MAJOR event is to be revisited in Gorleston largely thanks to local DJ John Rogers and networking site Facebook
For many years Thursday night at the Ocean Room was an institution. Every week hundreds of party goers descended on the Gorleston venue by car, foot, taxi, bus and even pushbike. The event is set to return for one night only, just before the Easter bank
holiday weekend on Thursday, April 9.
This all started a year or so ago when he came across an entry on Facebook and this particular group has a growing membership and currently stands at 1,470 people.
The event will be hosted by John who presided over some great nights during the late eighties and nineties, aided and abetted by Ocean Room current DJ Paul Allen.
Tickets are available on the door only, at �3 before 11pm and �5 after. The event is running from 9pm-2am. John and Paul also need to know what the top three anthems from the Legendary Thursday Nights are.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 3 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 4 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 5 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 6 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 7 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 8 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 9 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 10 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
For more information, name your anthems and to pledge support go to www.facebook.com and you can join as a member.