Minster recital in memory of church organist
- Credit: Archant
A recital at Yarmouth Minster will be dedicated to the memory of Colin Fenn, who died in January.
Mr Fenn was organist at Caister’s Holy Trinity Church for 45 years and often played for services at the Minster.
The recital in his memory will be held on Wednesday from 12.30pm.
The organ music at the Minster will include the works of some of Mr Fenn’s favourite composers, Handel, Bach and Vaughan Williams as played by Martyn Marshall, John Farmer and Prue Goldsmith.
A former piano pupil of Mr Fenn, Hele Pye, will be playing Chopin and Debussy.
Light refreshments will be available.
Admission is free.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
A retiring collection in aid of the organ funds of Yarmouth Minster and Caister church will also be held.
Mr Fenn died on January 1 and was a father of two.
Recitals are held weekly at the Minster and are all free to attend.