Renowned pianist to perform in Yarmouth
AN afternoon of music from internationally renowned pianist Nikolai Demidenko is taking place later this month. The afternoon recital, a part of Great Yarmouth's International Concert Series, will be held at 3pm at the Hippodrome on Sunday, March 21.
AN afternoon of music from internationally renowned pianist Nikolai Demidenko is taking place later this month.
The afternoon recital, a part of Great Yarmouth's International Concert Series, will be held at 3pm at the Hippodrome on Sunday, March 21.
Russian born Nikolai Demidenko is known for his grace and intense musicality and began playing on his grandfather's old piano at the age of five.
He progressed to eventually studying at the Moscow Conservatoire and then went on to teach at the Yehudi Menhuin School in the UK before being granted British citizenship in 1995.
You may also want to watch:
The Yarmouth concert features three of Beethoven's most recognisable sonatas including Fur Therese and the Moonlight Sonata, as well as interpretations of Chopin in the second half.
The concert is the third in the series following on from performances by the Polish National Radio Symphony and the Czech National Symphony Orchestra.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 3 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
Joe Mackintosh, chief executive of SeaChange Arts, said: “Nikolai is recognised as one of the world's finest pianists and brings a wonderful programme by two of the greatest composers.
“The series is gaining momentum after an outstanding performance from the Czech National Symphony last month.
“The Hippodrome is a fantastic, evocative venue where, despite its size, the audience is able to share a tremendous intimacy with the performers.”
Tickets for the Nikolai Demidenko are priced between �6 and �18 and are available from the Hippodrome on 01493 844172,Theatre Royal Norwich on 01603 630000 or Gt Yarmouth Tourist Information 01493 846346.
Tickets can be also be booked online at www.hippodromecircus.co.uk