Rock Choir and a top musical heading to Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
Rock Choir, the national phenomenon that’s spreading around the country, is in Beccles next week.
“With more than 16,000 members, they rehearse in over 240 towns nationwide and the fabulous group in our area is Lowestoft and Beccles and we are delighted they are making a very welcome return to the Beccles Public Hall on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
“If you weren’t able to attend their first event at Beccles Public Hall last December, here’s your chance to come and see a fantastic spectacle as well as hearing the wonderful sound of their versions of pop, Motown and chart songs. This is our local Rock Choir - it’s Lowestoft and Beccles Rock Choir and they are on their way to Beccles again!” said Sue Bergin, events coordinator at the Hall.
Rock Choir was started by musician Caroline Redman Lusher in 2005.
“The most important part of Rock Choir is you and the enjoyment you gain from singing, performing and socialising. My team and I are committed to ensuring you enjoy the best contemporary choir experience in the country, and I look forward to meeting you in person soon!” said founder, Caroline.
Rock Choir rehearses at Blyburgate Hall, Blyburgate, Beccles, on Monday evenings from 8pm to 9.30pm and also in Norwich City Centre, Thorpe and Wymondham. To book your FREE taster session visit www.rockchoir.com or call 01252 714276.
Tickets are just £7.50 and £5 concessions for over 60s and children. Please buy tickets on-line at www.becclespublichall.com or go to the Box Office, open Mon to Sat, 10am - 3pm.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 10 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
“We thank the Rock Choir for supporting the Hall and offering their time completely free of cost as a special fundraiser for the Hall and one other charity”. Sue Bergin.
The doors will open at 7pm and singing starts at 7.30pm to 8.15pm when there will be an interval. Singing recommences at 8.45pm and event finishes at 9.30pm.
• The Beccles-based Spotlight Musical Theatre Group is bringing the popular musical Thoroughly Modern Mille to town next month.
This high-spirited, zany 1920’s musical filled with frisky flappers, dashing leading men and a dragon-lady of a villainess audiences will love to hate, promises to be a perfectly constructed evening of madcap merriment.
The show runs from Tuesday, July 1 until Saturday, July 5, at Beccles Public Hall.
Show and ticket information online at becclespublichall.com – discounted tickets for the “opening night” show.