Rock Doctors say farewell to band member
ROCKERS The Rock Doctors are sad to announce that bass player Steve Jones has decided he will quit the band to explore new ventures. Steve Jones, from Caister, variously known as Stag, Stig, Comode and Jason, joined in 1999 at the age of just 19.
ROCKERS The Rock Doctors are sad to announce that bass player Steve Jones has decided he will quit the band to explore new ventures.
Steve Jones, from Caister, variously known as Stag, Stig, Comode and Jason, joined in 1999 at the age of just 19.
Singer Kev Longman said: “His driving bass lines have been the hallmark of our sound, his humour the trademark of our stageshow and he has earned the respect and admiration of musicians in the area as one of the finest bass players in the region.
“We are sad to see him go, but respect his need for a new challenge and wish him well.”
The band are seeking a suitable venue in the Caister, Great Yarmouth or Lowestoft area to host his farewell gig which is certain to be a sell-out. Any venue interested in hosting the gig should contact Kevin be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07738 511644.
No date has been set for his departure, which will hinge on a suitable replacement being found.
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
The band is calling all bass players in the Norfolk/Suffolk area who believe they have the flair and drive to fill Steve's shoes to contact Kevin for a chat and to arrange an audition.
To try to become a Rock Doctor contact Kevin on email@example.com or 07738 511644.