Rodgers and Hammerstein performed in Gorleston
A SELECTION of musical numbers from the USA’s most popular songwriting duo, the legendary Rodgers and Hammerstein, will be performed by the Gorleston Theatre Company in their next production at the Pavilion Theatre Gorleston in late May.
Rehearsals for the show, A Celebration of Rodgers and Hammerstein, are now in full swing with the 25-strong cast working hard under the musical direction of Mim Coleman and choreographer Charlotte Wood.
Theatre company chairman Mike Coleman said that the company had received many requests to stage a revue featuring some of the best-loved numbers from Rodgers and Hammerstein.
And, judging by the rehearsals to date, the audiences were in for a treat.
“We have for several years staged musicals in the spring, but for this year we have decided to produce this revue show in response to requests from our audiences.
“The show will include songs from many of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s iconic musicals such as The Sound of Music, South Pacific and Carousel, as well as many others.
“The cast are working really hard in rehearsals and thoroughly enjoying the chance to perform what are some of the most memorable songs from musical theatre ever written” said Mr Coleman.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 5 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 6 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
The show is at the Pavilion Theatre, Gorleston, at 7.30pm on May 27 and 28, with matinee performances at 2.30pm on May 28 and 29.
Tickets are available from the box office at the Pavilion Theatre on 01493 662832, or online at www.gorlestonpavilion.com