Scarecrow festival returns to Martham
THIS year's Martham Scarecrow Festival will be held on Sunday and Monday, May 2 and 3.And there will be a visiting fair from April 29 to May 3.Last year's Scarecrow Festival saw some grand entries popping up in many interesting places around the village.
THIS year's Martham Scarecrow Festival will be held on Sunday and Monday, May 2 and 3.
And there will be a visiting fair from April 29 to May 3.
Last year's Scarecrow Festival saw some grand entries popping up in many interesting places around the village. Organisers are now asking residents to put on their thinking caps and start designing scarecrows to place on their property or on the village green.
A new attraction for this year will be garage/garden/yard sales. Have you got items which you would like to sell? Then why not sell them from the comfort of your own property - no need to leave home early in the morning to set up at a car boot sale.
Bookings are already coming in from people wanting charity and craft stalls over the weekend.
Maps will be available to all visitors, making it easy to visit all the scarecrows and sales.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 3 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 10 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
During the two days it is also hoped that the church, chapels and village hall will be open and will offer different attractions. There will once again be a walking treasure hunt, with the route yet to be decided.
Information about the weekend, how to register your scarecrow and/or sale will be delivered to all properties in Martham in the coming weeks. The event is supported by Martham Parish Council.
If you would like to book a charity or craft stall please contact Maggie Horrocks on 01493 740484. For more information about scarecrows contact Julie Beales on 01493 748547, or for further information regarding garage/garden/yard sale contact Peter and Liz Carpenter on 01493 740086.