Snow White and Eight Dwarfs at Gorleston’s Pavilion Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston Theatre Company’s pantomime Snow White and the Eight Dwarfs starts its run at the Pavilion Theatre next Thursday.
The pantomime has been written for the company by Chairman Mike Coleman who plays the role of Dame Dolly Dumpling and said that it was great fun to see the script come to life for the first time at rehearsals.
“Writing a script especially for a pantomime is really a strange experience as it seems so flat and lifeless on paper, it’s not until the show is cast and the rehearsals begin that you can finally see what works as the cast members bring it to life with fun and laughter.
“I have made some minor tweaks to the script, but overall I am delighted with how rehearsals have gone and I am sure that our audiences will enjoy this traditional pantomime offering” said Mr Coleman.
The pantomime will see the directing debut of Laura-Jane Timewell who said the cast had worked hard at rehearsals and were looking forward to opening night.
The pantomime tells the tale of Snow White who more fairer than her stepmother the Wicked Queen seeks shelter with a band of friendly dwarfs hiding her from the Queen and her Henchman. Audiences should keep a special look out for Titch, the eighth dwarf who brings an extra twist to the tale.
Will our pantomime hero Prince Rupert find his true love and rescue Snow White from the wicked Queen or will evil prevail?
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 9 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 10 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
Featuring a host of favourite songs and a bellyful of laughs Snow White and the Eight Dwarfs will be staged from January 16-19 at the Pavilion Theatre Gorleston. Evenings January 16-18 at 7.30pm and matinees Saturday and Sunday at 2pm. Tickets are £11 adults, £9 concessions and £6 children and are available from the Box Office at the Pavilion Theatre, Gorleston on 01493 662832 or online at www.gorlestonpavilion.co.uk.