Stand up comedy returning to the seaside
- Credit: Supplied
Stand up comedy is returning to the seaside for a special event with hopes of it becoming a regular feature to Great Yarmouth's nightlife.
The Empire will be hosting a night of free stand up comedy on Friday, November 12.
Jack Jay, director of The Empire, said: “It's very rare you can see this quality of stand up for free.
"We really hope that people come along and support the evening and that it can become a regular monthly event.”
The evening will be hosted by BBC New Comedy contributor Martin Westgate.
The event will be headlined by observational comedian John Mann, who has toured the UK with Lenny Henry and Never Mind the Buzzcocks' Phill Jupitus.
Norfolk raised Louie Green and Norwich resident Nelson Gombokomba will be supporting.
- 1 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 2 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
- 3 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 4 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 5 'He was a great guest' - Tyson Fury stays at Gorleston hotel
- 6 Carnival fun finally returns to town after Covid disruption
- 7 Great Yarmouth Row focused in arts documentary
- 8 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 9 Man's death at outer harbour site was an accident, jury concludes
- 10 Great Yarmouth brain tumour patient to carry Queen's Baton
The venue will be open from 4pm, with the first act making their way to the stage from 8pm.