Summer of sport for all
A SUMMER of sport for all starts next week with the launch of the Get Back Into initiative.Active Norfolk and Great Yarmouth Borough Council, has set up 10 programmes around town aimed at getting adults involved in sport.
A SUMMER of sport for all starts next week with the launch of the Get Back Into initiative.
Active Norfolk and Great Yarmouth Borough Council, has set up 10 programmes around town aimed at getting adults involved in sport.
Sessions start Monday and last seven weeks costing just �2 to pay as you go. Led by experienced coaches and instructors, it is a relaxed, fun and gentle introduction back into a range of sports. Sessions include:
�Hockey, Kirkley Community High School, Wednesdays, June 3 - July 15, 7-8.30pm.
�Tennis, Gorleston Tennis Club, Wednesdays, 7.30-8.30pm.
�Box Fit, Top Bodies Gym, Gorleston, Saturdays, June 6 - July 11, 9-10am.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 9 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
�Netball, Ormesby Junior School, Wednesdays, June 3 - July 15, 7 - 8.30pm.
�Badminton, Oriel High School, Friday, June 5 - July 10, 6.30-8pm
�Swimming, Marina Centre, Wednesdays June 3 - July 8, 6.30-8pm.
�Judo, Bracecamp Hall, Ormesby, Tuesdays June 2 - July 14, 8-9.30pm.
�Golf, Caister Golf Club, Tuesdays June 2 - July 14, 6.30-7.30pm.
�Bowls, Winterton Bowls Club, Friday June 5 - July 9, 7-9.pm, *sessions will alternate between Fridays and Thusdays to fit around the bowling greens availability.
�Road Running, Great Yarmouth, date TBC running up to the East Coast Run.
For more information and to book you place please visit www.activenorfolk.org/getbackinto or call Daniel on 01603 697021.