Tea dance for the Big C
THE Big C charity is holding a Big C cuppa day on Wednesday - and tea and dancing will be on the menu.There will also be a chance to learn some more dancing skills with qualified teachers at the free event is being staged at the Ocean Rooms, Gorleston.
THE Big C charity is holding a Big C cuppa day on Wednesday - and tea and dancing will be on the menu.
There will also be a chance to learn some more dancing skills with qualified teachers at the free event is being staged at the Ocean Rooms, Gorleston.
Spokeswoman Linda Turner said: “ We are inviting the public to come along and enjoy a free fun day from 10 - 4pm. It will involve a number of fun dancing classes.”
The day will comprise:
A Sequence Tea Dance from 1-3pm with Shirley Brooks who runs classes at Cliff Park High School, further details tel: 01493-652199.
ISIS Egyptian Dance display with Pat Egan and Julie Long at approx 2pm for 20 mins, further details tel: 01493-601579
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 6 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 7 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 8 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 9 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 10 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
A Modern Jive display and small taster class with Footloose of Norwich, further details tel: Sue 01362-851767 or www.foot-loose.org.uk
Ms Tunrer added: “Hollywood Cinema have donated several tickets to be put in the tombola along with many other prizes; and Sainsbury's, Great Yarmouth have donated the tea. We are inviting everyone to come along and meet all their old friends and help raise money for the Big C. All we will ask for is a donation towards the cup of tea and biscuits and coffee will also be available.”
Any donations, tombola prizes or persons wishing to help in any way or join the committee can contact: Linda turner 01493-453743/ Kim Edwards 01493-667890.