The Anyone’s set to boost local fundraising appeal with Gorleston gig
- Credit: Archant
Popular Gorleston band The Anyone’s are playing at the Cliff Hotel on Friday night.
The gig is helping to boost a disabled teenager’s dream of seeing his wrestling idols in the USA.
Lee Bishop from Gorleston suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a life-limiting disease for which the prognosis is poor.
But the avid wrestling fan enjoys following the sport and playing with action figures - a passion which gives him a fun focus away from his deteriorating health.
For his family raising the £4000 needed to whisk him to California has become a race again time, with the money needed before he is too ill to travel.
His mother Maria Philpott has organised a range of events including a treat for music fans on Friday October 10.
The programme includes The Anyone’s and Three and A Half Hands and starts at 7pm with music until 12pm
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 7 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 8 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
All proceeds going to Lees Dream.
Tickets can be bought by contacting Mrs Philpott on 07770384464 or 01493659699.