Trumpeter Tom to blow in to St Andrew’s, Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
A multi award winning trumpet soloist will be flying from Germany to take part in this year’s Celebrate Christmas concert at St Andrew’s Church, Gorleston on Friday December 12.
Tom Poulson is a regular performer in concert halls in Britain and Europe as well as appearing on stage with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
The concert will be given by the Gorleston Community Choir and will include a wide range of seasonal music including Walking in the Air, The Carol of the Bells, Fairytale of New York, The Coventry Carol and White Christmas.
Conductor and musical director Chris Whiting will also accompany the audience in several popular Christmas carols. Sylvia Kishon will accompany the choir who will be introduced by Joan Wardle.
Tom Poulson, who comes originally from Gorleston and is the son of the former East Norfolk Sixth Form College principal Laurie Poulson, trained at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and is the winner of many national and international awards.
He has worked as a soloist with a number of orchestras and is also a member of the Stockholm Chamber Brass.
One reviewer commented: “Tom Poulson’s performance was staggering.”
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
“We are so fortunate to have Tom as the special guest for this concert,” said Brian Philpot who is organising the event in aid of St Andrew’s where a project to improve the Chapter House is being planned. “It is also a lovely programme of Christmas music and carols from the choir – I think we will be in for an evening to remember.”
Tickets £5 from the St Andrew’s Church Office on 01493 656078 or will also be available at the door.